Super Bowl LVI Quick Picks
My thoughts as a newly minted Bengals fan!
Today is the day of the big game, and I am stoked! I just had to come on here and write something about it.
Earlier in the year I did what most of America did, and became a Bengals fan. I was sick of my former team’s front office being dunces, so I was fielding other prospects during the regular season. When my team had yet another unbelievable, crushing playoff loss, I made the full switch to the Cincinnati Bengals.
It’s going well to say the least. I am an unashamed bandwagoner.
Anyways, here are a couple quick little bullet points of my thoughts on this year’s Super Bowl, with the Bengals vs Rams.
- Protect. Joe. Burrow. The Bengals O-line SUCKS, and that is no secret, but if they’re going to win this game, they have to at least be average today.
- Run more backfield wide receiver plays. Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd are all more than capable of running the ball out of the backfield, whether that be on and end around, a screen, options, etc… They need to be getting the ball to these guys very quickly for Burrow, and the O-line to stand a chance at holding up for four quarters.
- Joe Mixon has to get it going early. It’s going to be tough to run it up the middle against the Rams defense, but it needs to happen. He also needs to get the outside runs going. They cannot afford to abandon the run game, they need to keep the Rams guessing to have any shot at getting any big, chunk plays.
Those were my picks for what needs to happen, this next section will be some bold predictions on what I think will happen during the game.
- Odell Beckham Jr. will throw a pass.
- Aaron Donald will only have one sack.
- Joe Burrow will rush for 50+ yards and a TD.
- Cooper Kupp will rush for a TD.
- Matthew Stafford will be picked off by a linebacker in the 3rd quarter.
- Evan McPherson will hit a field goal from 50+ yards.
- Coin flip will be tails.
Next up are my predictions for commercials, halftime show, etc.
- There will be a Nascar driver in at least one commercial.
- There will be twerking in the halftime show at some point.
- There will be a hologram of someone during the halftime show.
- Post Malone will appear in a commercial.
- The Rock will be involved at some point, somewhere.
- “I Will Always Love You” or “My Heart Will Go On” will be used in a commercial.
- Snoop Dogg will appear on the halftime show (obviously) and in a commercial.
Now for my final score prediction: 38 to 35 Bengals win.
Thanks for reading! This was quite a bit different from my usual uploads, but I definitely wanted to write a little something about the Super Bowl today!